Thursday, July 8, 2010

THE FUTURE VISION MISSION WORK IN THAILAND

Shalom All,

Greetings from Thailand once again, brothers and sisters in Christ!

This is just another brief report from me, to update and share with you about my upcoming work plans for the Lord. I pray that you will have the time to read it.

As you all well know, my initial calling 3 years ago originally was to evangelize to the Jews, but the Jewish Rabbis that you read at mission blog “Concentrate on the Lost Tribes” and “First Mission in Thailand”.. I had contact with did not open this door for me. Even so, I am certain the Lord loves and cares for the Jews, despite their steadfast stubbornness, and that one day, He will find a way for me to serve this community.

Then the Lord directed me to go to India. By faith and without much preparation, the Lord opened this doors for me, helping, equipping and teaching me to evangelize along the way, and even leading and annointing me to cast out demons in His name. (these activities have been covered in earlier reports). Isn't God’s amazing?

I am sure God has a plan for me ahead, as He never fails in His promise. But I am waiting for a clearer direction from Him. After 3 years even up to now, I have a burden and a desire to make contact with one of the Lost Tribes of Israel, to bring them back to the true Jerusalem and into the lasting Kingdom of God.

Yet the time does not appear to be now, as there are too many issues and obstacles for me in this path right now. For one thing, my government still imposes a very strict ban on its citizens from entering the State of Israel.

Then also, living cost in Israel is too high for me to be there.

And thirdly, Jenny is not ready for this journey just yet, even if I am ready. I can't just leave her behind in Bangkok - that would not be the right thing for me to do. No, we must work together for the Lord as a pair, since the Lord has joined us in marriage. Therefore, I am still seeking and praying that the Lord will work out a way, and find us an opening for both of us, if not for the Jews in Israel or elsewhere, then some other place.

The other option for us is to stay put in Thailand. Here, we also have a great desire to serve the Thai people, as there are many needs we can see. One vision we have is to start a "One-Stop-Mission Centre" (OSMC), in a shop house or any suitable place. We are particularly encouraged to have the boldness of this vision after our recent work of one year at the Olive Farm in Kunming.

As we see it, the objectives of such OSMC will be:

  1. To provide handicraft training for the poor, such as in cross stitch, knitting etc. This work will help the poor to generate some income to support their family, as well as provide us an opportunity to serve the Lord.
  2. We will have a place to sell the handcraft made, as well as to sell Christian books, gifts and music.
  3. Once we have established a proper footing, we can and will open this venue to all Christian denominations visiting Bangkok/Thailand, in joint efforts to preach the Gospel and extend the Kingdom of God throughout the land.

We are praying for God's hand to make this come true. One way is to incorporate a company or a foundation, and to find a way to get the company/foundation, exemption from tax. This is not something we can achieve overnight. It will necessarily have to be a longer term plan, but we need to open it up for input of ideas, to deliberate, discuss and pray for God's leading, to bring about a project such as this to bear fruit for God's people.

Just another thought. Initially, we could plan to rent, say a three-storey shophouse in the outskirts of Bangkok … the ground floor to be used as the proposed handicrafts center cum coffee fellowship place ... the second floor to be used for children ministry, Bible studies place, library, prayer room and for worship service … the third floor to be used as guest rooms for missionaries/Christians on their way to or from Thailand, who can also contribute in some way to promote the activities of the center.

Last week, I have had a brief sharing about the above ideas with the pastor and elders of a sizable church in Thailand. They seem to find this vision interesting.

With prayer and the support of everyone, perhaps we can all work together to bring to fruition.

God is always great, Glory to the Name!

Blessing,

Rev. Steve Peter H S Kok and Sister Jenny P Kok

No comments:

Post a Comment